C.G. Drews's Reviews > Heartstopper: Volume One

Heartstopper by Alice Oseman

bookshelves: 4-star, graphic-novel, young-adult, ya-male-narrators, read-2019

excuse me but this is the absolute cutest thing I have encountered and I am simply heart-eyes over it. I already adore Radio Silence and I Was Born for This (although I haven't yet read Solitaire which is slightly bad because this is a spin-off from that one) and I adore her work. But the art??? An entire book of the most adorakable and expressive yet simple artwork was just...😍😍

this book is soft™ and they are so young and sweet and wholesome.

i also have such a soft spot for books about realising you might not be as straight as you thought and Nick's soft confusion really hit me in the heart.

i protest to the ending though. i protest. I realise it's not finished and there are more volumes but I !!! protest !!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heartstopper.

March 25, 2018 – Shelved (Webcomic Edition)
March 25, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Webcomic Edition)
January 8, 2019 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
January 8, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Other Paperback Edition)
May 23, 2019 – Started Reading
May 23, 2019 – Shelved
May 24, 2019 – Shelved as: 4-star
May 24, 2019 – Shelved as: graphic-novel
May 24, 2019 – Shelved as: young-adult
May 24, 2019 – Shelved as: ya-male-narrators
May 24, 2019 – Shelved as: read-2019
May 24, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Meeghan Solitaire is my fave book of Alice’s. Definitely read that one.

Iris This comic is my fave <3 Nick and Charlie are sooooo precious! Also like it's mildly torturous getting just a teeny bit at a time and then having to wait for new updates, but if the ending of this was as COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE to you as it was to me, I personally think it's worth following online bc it's a lot further along there.

Meghan This was the first webcomic I read & I absolutely adored it too! Alice Oseman writes such delicate, lovely characters 🥰 you should check out the graphic novel Bloom (by Kevin Panetta) too..it’s also sweet, soft, & super cute!

Kinga Immediately after finishing this i went to read the rest online... and NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER AND I CAN'T BEAR THAT. They are the cutest soft cinnamon rolls and it gets even better can you believe?! Also couple goals. Also they're actually super young like what the heck Charlie you're 14 ISN'T IT TOO SOON?!

message 5: by C.G. (new) - added it

C.G. Drews I've just reserved Bloom from my library too 😍 and i'm definitely looking up Heartstopper online too (but omg yes Charlie is a smol soft little thing)