Jennifer Pierson's Reviews > Deflected

Deflected by Jami Davenport

Alex, aka Rush, Markov has been celebrating winning his biggest hockey season ever, and it's raised some eyebrows from the higher ups. So now, he's being shipped off to a remote island to chill out & not get into trouble, or basically his career with the Seattle Sockeyes could be over. Alex thinks he's about to die on the boring, small community on Madrona Island, until he meets good girl, Rosalind Newcomb. She's very uptight, and he very much enjoys pushing her buttons. Rosalind sticks to a strict schedule, not coloring outside the lines whatsoever, even in her bookstore. And she's even a romance author, but writes under a pen name, so very few people know that she does. There's definitely a shortage of men on the small island, so when she lays eyes on Alex, she is instantly attracted to him, until he opens his mouth, and all bets are off. This story was all kinds of frustrating push & pull as the chemistry between the antagonists took a bit to really fire up. See, Rosalind drove me nuts, as her uptight & rigid self really stressed me out while reading, because frankly, she needed some shake up in her life. Hell, even her parents thought she needed a damn fling. I kept screaming for Alex to throw her down & have his way with her, but I was afraid she would be wearing granny panties for heavens sake. I was never so glad when the chemistry wouldn't be denied anymore, and they lit the sky up! Of course, some drama came along to bring on the angst, along with a twist or two to have the colorful metaphors thrown down, so this story was definitely different from others in the series. I loved it even as stressed out as Rosalind made me, so I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deflected.

May 23, 2019 – Started Reading