Jill Overturf's Reviews > Awaited

Awaited by Lynn Rush

F 50x66
Feb 24, 2012

Read in February, 2012

Like Wasteland, once I picked-up the book I couldn't put it down. Lynn Rush does an excellent job of not only captivating the reader, but keeping us thinking and excited all the way through. Foreshadowing gives hints at what may come, but just enough to make you wish you could read that much faster - then, when the book is done, to go back and read it again, savoring each moment!

I am not a reader of paranormal genre on a typical basis, but I will have every book of Lynn's on my shelf. Her writing goes beyond just a 'story', drawing you into every word. Vivid detail and well-developed characters make you want to walk in the world with them! The layers of characters, storylines, and themes throughout the books and series make these books wonderful reads. Intense love and romance, loyalty beyond measure, and friendship that is true and trusted - some of my favorite things!

I think one of my favorite parts of Lynn's writing is how she interweaves stories, but each book could still be read as a stand-alone. By the time I finished Wasteland, I wanted to know more about Russell and his story, so I was eager to read Awaited. Now, with Awaited, I learn not only Russell's story, but also was updated on the David and Becka journey as well as getting peeks into another story yet-to-come!

Awaited did not leave me disappointed - in fact, it went well beyond all my expectations. This is definitely a must-read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awaited.