Linda's Reviews > The Perfect Wife

The Perfect Wife by J.P. Delaney

bookshelves: fiction, net-galley, psychological-thriller, sci-fi, scientific-themes

Imagine all the people......(John Lennon)

But what if the people are really not the people who say they are the people?

J.P. Delaney creates a whirlwind of opposing ideas and characters marching to different drummers and hearing rhythms not privy to all. Buckle your seatbelts. The Perfect Wife is at the wheel and it's gonna be a rough, rough ride.

Abbie Cullen, talented artist and superb surfer, died under strange circumstances over five years ago. Yet, she wakes one morning groggy and trying to sort out her whereabouts. Slivers of memory crash and dive within her confused mind.

Her husband, Tim, is by her side shocked to see her stirring. Tim is the CEO and founder of Scott Robotics in Silicon Valley. He's an absolute wizard at what he does with versions of AI. He dotes on Abbie and their young son, Danny, who is autistic. And it is Tim's obsession with his wife and son that will send this story into the speed cycle. He bought Abbie a multi-million dollar beach house for an engagement gift. He researches every advancement and new technique in regard to autism, sending little Danny to schools he alone deems worthy.

But there's something a bit off with this cozy little family.....way off. And it's best that you peek behind the elegant draperies yourself to see what is amiss. Not going to give away a single nugget here. Just gonna let you trip over a few boulders on your way in.

J.P. Delaney has upped the ante in this one. I've read The Girl Before and Believe Me and enjoyed them both. This one was hit out of the ballpark for sure with its original storyline and features. Delaney presents scenarios that tip the scientific cup of morality and ethics. Just because you can, should you? Hmmmm......

I received a copy of The Perfect Wife through NetGalley for an honest review. My thanks to Ballantine Books and to J.P. Delaney for the opportunity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Wife.

February 12, 2019 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
February 12, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
May 22, 2019 – Started Reading
May 22, 2019 – Shelved
May 29, 2019 – Shelved as: fiction
May 29, 2019 – Shelved as: net-galley
May 29, 2019 – Shelved as: psychological-thriller
May 29, 2019 – Shelved as: sci-fi
May 29, 2019 – Shelved as: scientific-themes
May 29, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

Dita Awesome review; this one was so weirdly good!

Linda Dita wrote: "Awesome review; this one was so weirdly good!"

Thanks, Dita. I agree about the weirdness. Haha! I didn't want to give too much away in this review. It's best to come upon the little shockers while one reads. :D

Dita Linda wrote: "Dita wrote: "Awesome review; this one was so weirdly good!"

Absolutely!

Babydimps (Suzy) Great review Linda! 🌺

Linda Thanks, Babydimps. If you're looking for something that's attention grabbing for summer, check this one out. So good. 👍⭐️

Felicia Yayyyy so happy you loved this one. Terrific review, Linda 💖

Linda Thanks, Felicia. It was so off the wall good. I'd say we're both looking forward to the next one from this talented author. 😉🌸

message 8: by JanB (new)

JanB I’d almost given up on this author but your review and others make me want to give this a try. Great review!

Linda Thanks, Jan. Delaney kicked it up a notch with a very creative storyline in this one. Think you may want to consider this one. 🤗

message 10: by Mike (new) - added it

Mike Terrific review, Linda. Wasn't aware of this one so it's rapidly being poached for Mount TBR. I really liked "The Girl Before".

This will be a ride I look forward to as much as the dog who loves to hang his head out of the car window!!

Linda A windy view by that doggie, Mike. Haha! This one has a whirlwind of action in it. I know you'll enjoy it with its very unusual and innovative storyline. Good stuff. 🐶🌪

Kendall Excellent review Linda!!! Looking forward to this one!

Linda Thanks, Kendall. A crazy good one. 😱

message 14: by Sharyl (new)

Sharyl Intriguing! Good review😀

Linda Thanks, Sharyl. It's a very different storyline in this one. Great summer read. 🌞

message 16: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna Great review!!!

Linda Thanks, Deanna. Highly unusual and entertaining read. 😉🌸

Louise Wilson Terrific review, Linda!!

Linda Thanks, Louise. This is one crazy good read for the summer. Hope you get a chance to check it out. 👍🌺

message 20: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Excellent review, Linda!! I keep hearing good things about this one! 😊

Linda Thanks, Julie. It's a different and clever approach by this author. Enjoyable summer read. 🌞🌸