Rachel's Reviews > Written with You

Written with You by Aly Martinez

bookshelves: 2019-favorites, arc-reads, read-in-2019

5+ stars

This is the perfect ending for the Regret Duet. So many of my questions that formed because of the way Written With Regret ended were answered early on, so I didn’t have to wait long to sort out my confusion.

Where I wasn’t sure I liked the female lead because of what we learn at the end of the first book, when my confusion and unsettled feelings were resolved, I fell in love with her. She was looking for the connection to family that she lost of that nightmare of a day, and though I didn’t necessarily agree with how she went about it, I loved what came about because she did.

I loved him the entire time. His devotion to his daughter is unwavering, and no matter what his personal feelings may be, I loved how he put Rosalie’s needs above his own. His conflicted feelings come from the guilt he feels because his father reeked all that havoc on so many lives. But in all this time, he has never really dealt with those feelings, or accepted that it was not HIS actions that caused his father to open fire on a food court full of people.

These two have a connection that was forged when they were young, but the real test came much later and the ripples through each of their lives from a single day are immense. I was continuously surprised by the twists and turns this story took. I thought I had an idea of the challenges they would face in the second half of the duet, but I had no idea just how much they still faced.

This was a page turner from the start, and there is so much to their story that was a complete shock as it was revealed. This is clearly the second half of their story, and there isn’t much to this review because to use specific details is to give away aspects of either this book or the first, but this is one of those stories that sticks with you and leaves you questioning everything. Because of the direction of the story, this second half is full of healing, redemption, and forgiveness, but it also has its own share of suspense and thrill as well.

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Written with You.

May 22, 2019 – Shelved