readbyray 's Reviews > Again, but Better

Again, but Better by Christine Riccio

My Non-Spoilery Thoughts on Again, but Better by Christine Riccio.

First Thoughts ✨
—————————
This book started off really quickly. We’re thrown into the action of Shane’s life as she’s flying to London - and is starting her study abroad experience. I loved the start of this novel as it was so much fun acclimating to London with Shane and meeting the whole cast of characters. The travels around Europe were my favourite part of this book - I absolute adored them.

The Story 📖
———————
The study abroad story I found super unique but the magic element was cliché but it was done with a bit of a spin which I liked. The whole Shane-finding-herself-while-in-London thing was amazing - and it’s made me want to travel and explore the world.

The Characters 👧
——————————
Shane: Ahh, Shane reminded me so much of Christine (polandbananasbooks) - she loved the same books she did, she acted quite the same and it just felt like Shane was an homage to herself and her experience and I really appreciated that.
Pilot: His name is so cool right!? I think he has the coolest name out of any other contemporary books I’ve read. He was such a sweet, and at times dumb character - but I really liked him by the end.
(side note - I hated her dad)

Last Thoughts 💭
—————————
The epilogue of this book broke me.... 😭 I need more know - I need to see what will happen to this cast if characters. One of the best contemporaries I’ve read this year!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Again, but Better.

May 22, 2019 – Shelved