Em's Reviews > Rough

Rough by Sybil Bartel

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I’m so glad I gave this book and this author a chance, cause I have to admit I wasn’t all that hopeful going in. I knew nothing about the author, and I thought the book would be just another alpha military dude falling in love with a sweet, sweet girl. This was so much more. It has depth, realness, heartbreak. It also was a bit edgy, dark and harsh. I liked her, I liked him and I really liked their connection. It was never doll and even though I tried I never could guess what was happening throughout. That’s nothing you get everyday, these days. The author should also be given extra credit for how real the conversation between the characters were. In books you often just get hints of how close the characters becomes and how well they end up knowing each other. In this book you actually get all their conversations, but without it ever being boring. That’s some cold right there!

I would highly recommend it.

Spoiler alert!

Plot:
The girl, Sienna, is super shy, perfectly held together, professional but lonely. After having her heart broken by a cheating asshole, she ends up contacting an escort. She has very little experience, but wants someone to be involved with for one time without any commitments or feelings. She does, and two weeks later the same guy had set up a new appointment for them without letting her now. Turns out when the day comes, the escort gives his client to a colleague, a former military guy called Jared. Jared calls her with the change of plans, but she informs him she’s not interested in a second night. He accepts, but asks her out for dinner. She says yes. After some time spend together, they realize both that their chemistry is off the hook. After meeting her, he never touches another woman again. Sienna’s douche of a ex boyfriend starts stalking her, but gets beaten up by Jared. She also figures out that the recently diseased owner of the professional football team she’s works for, was actually her grandfather. He states in his will that she will inherit everything he owns, including the one billion worth of football team, but only if she agrees to marry her ex. She refuses which results in selling the entire team. The profits goes entirely to a research fund for Huntington disease which her mother died of years back. They go home to celebrate and he proposes, which she says yes. I’m pretty sure there’s gonna be a baby in the near future as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rough.

May 22, 2019 – Started Reading