Gary's Reviews > The Perfect Wife

The Perfect Wife by J.P. Delaney

Read 2 times. Last read May 22, 2019 to June 2, 2019.

J. P. Delaney is the pseudonym of a writer Tony Strong who has previously published best selling fiction under his own name. This is the 3rd book I have read by this author and found this met the previous high standards of 'Believe me' which I also thoroughly enjoyed.
The main character Abbie wakes in a hospital bed with no memory of how she got there. The man by her side explains that he's her husband. He is a titan of the tech world and the founder of one of Silicon Valley's most innovative startups. He tells Abbie she's a gifted artist, a doting mother to their young son, and the perfect wife.
Five years ago, she suffered a terrible accident. Her return from the abyss is a miracle of science, a breakthrough in artificial intelligence that has taken him half a decade to achieve.
But as Abbie pieces together memories of her marriage, she begins questioning her husband's motives and his version of events. Can she trust him when he says he wants them to be together for ever? And what really happened to her, half a decade ago?

I really enjoyed this one, a mystery thriller with a difference and the twists and turns will catch you out. I found myself re-reading the last chapters to fully take in the twists. Excellent read.
I would like to thank both Net Galley and Quercus Books for supplying copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Wife.

Finished Reading (Other Hardcover Edition)
May 22, 2019 – Started Reading
May 22, 2019 – Shelved
June 2, 2019 – Shelved (Other Hardcover Edition)
June 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Judy I'm glad I'm not the only one who had to re-read the last chapters to completely take it in. I must have read it too quickly and wasn't sure when I finished who was still in the house. I may go back and re-read some of it again because I just can't wrap my head around it!