Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > The Pawn & The Knight

The Pawn & The Knight by Skye Warren

YES PLEASE

I blew through the duet that follows this trilogy, and couldn't move on to The Pawn fast enough. I ve reviewed them separately, and after reading each book, for a more targeted review:
-The Pawn-
Aaagh- so good! After finishing the duet that comes after this trilogy I couldn't wait to come back and dive into The Pawn.
Avery's seemingly neverending loss is heartbreaking. This poor girl just CAN'T catch a break. Jesus.
In her desperation, and with altruistic motives, she swallows her pride to try and save her father the only way she thinks she can. At every turn, everywhere she looks, men are looking to take advantage of her. Use her. Hurt her. She is afraid to share her troubles with the one friend she has left after her fall from grace, and so ends up feeling exceedingly alone.
I won't get into it any further than that in the interest of avoiding spoilers, but suffice to say I loved it!
Recommended!
-The Knight-
Amazing. I love these characters. I love the world of Tanglewood. I love the suspense. I love the push and pull. The festering secrets. The sexy times. The intrigue. Avery's strength.
I am pretty confident this series is going to be a re-read for me in the future. I don't have too many of those, so that is saying something.
This book starts out right where book one left off, and that's all I will say about that to avoid spoilers. Throughout the story Avery toggles back and forth on her feelings for, well... everyone. And rightly so. She's been lied to. Cheated. Betrayed. Abandoned. And is coming to the determination at a depressingly young age that she can only count on herself.
I am so excited that there is another book to this series. A good series allows for a story to be oh so much richer than a standalone- more history, more backstory. More character development.
I'd only read a couple of books by this author prior to this trilogy (and its associated duet), but I expect I'll be reading a LOT more of her catalogue going forward.
Recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pawn & The Knight.

May 22, 2019 – Started Reading