BookClickDeo (Deotima)'s Reviews > Tarikshir: The Awakening

Tarikshir by Khayaal Patel

** spoiler alert ** Rudra Pratap Chauhan, prince of Devangarh state in Rajasthan, in the times of rise of British empire finds himself battling not only his idealogies of peace and war but also unknowm paranormal forces of immense power.
The book although slow at the outset picks up pace after Rudra s father the King, Raja Ravindra decides to rebuke peace plans with the British head in the region Walken and is then apparently killed with his dutiful bodyguard Bikram in an accident.
Rudra is hastily crowned Raja and his old Chinese mentor Shen Zhou reveals to him that the Raja might have been murdered. Hapless Rudra sets about investigating it only to stumble upon greater secrets of Sons of Hanuman through his Grandfather s Raja Duryodhan's Journals.
The book will ruin your predictability at all points and in twists will answer your questions about not only who is the Tarikshir but also its tale linked to our great Epic The Ramayana.

In the process of the story, Rudra will lose his mother, the Rani too, as well as Shen Zhou and Nafisa, who he obviously develops a crush against.
However, the biggest revelation will be the person trying to raise Tarikshir to gain power surpassable to Gods!
It will be sad to give away the ending herw, which you can read and find for yourself!
I have enjoyed this page turner, specially I had a question why ba yaani, why such a character, the author @kyakhayaalhaiaapka answers it perfectly, I think he has left no loopholes in the story, there are perfect ends to it with great openings for the sequel as the Disciple and The Son of Hanuman both survive and remain to combat the return of the king!
The book is divided into chapters, is creatively very vivid!
Only a few minor complaints, just to be strict! The prologue with Valikesh is a bit to long and the book as a whole is a tad bit long! Also dear author, I wish you had left Nafisa alive, after all ,Rudra had already lost a lot! 4.25/5* stars for me

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tarikshir.

May 22, 2019 – Started Reading