Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Wolf Gone Wild

Wolf Gone Wild by Juliette Cross

liked it
bookshelves: arc-review-copy, netgalley, 3-stars

Wolf Gone Wild is book one in Stay A Spell series by Juliette Cross. This is a brand new series by Ms. Cross and it’s different from her previous work in that it’s more light-hearted and fun. Not as intense or deep as her previous work.

Evie Savoie is a talented curse/hex breaker. She works at her sisters bar/restaurant and also her other sisters book shop. She’s a well rounded women who is full of life, but also has some insecurity’s about her art work; which her ex-boyfriend put into her head.

Mateo Cruz and his wolf side Alpha. Cruz has always had control over Alpha, but something is blocking him from shifting and now things are getting out of control. He thinks someone has cursed him. He’s a loner and a wonderful metal worker.

The Savoie sisters. We meet several of them since the witches are a close nit family. Each has their own personalities, issues, and specialties with magic. I had fun meeting the Savoie sisters and look forward to more.

As for Mateo and Evie their romance was a slow build. Evie has always been told to stay away from werewolves and Mateo has this issue with shifting, so both are hesitant at first. We slowly see them moving out of their comfort zones and as they spend time together, they form a bond, a friendship which becomes more.

The romance was just sweet. Wolf Gone Wild was an enjoyable and light-hearted read. I really enjoyed the monologue of Alpha and how he drove Cruz a little crazy with his thoughts. It add humor and a few laughs. As to why Cruz can’t shift, well that mystery surprised me. I never guessed who it was and when it was reviled; I was like really. I had no indication it was that person, so the author did a wonderful job hiding who the bad guy is.

Wolf Gone Wild is a fun, light-hearted, cute, and magical read.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Juliette Cross via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolf Gone Wild.

May 21, 2019 – Shelved
December 17, 2019 –
December 17, 2019 –
December 18, 2019 – Finished Reading
December 21, 2019 – Shelved as: 3-stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review Angela!!😉💋💞👍

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Excellent review Angela!!😉💋💞👍"

Thank you!