Jackie Wright's Reviews > Deflected

Deflected by Jami Davenport

21982051

Book 2 in the Madrona Island spin off from Game On in Seattle and this is Alexander “Rush” Markov’s story. This like all the other books in this series can be read as a stand-alone but I’m sure once you pick up one of these stories you will want to learn more about these hot Seattle hockey players and their partners.
Alex and his team have just won the Stanley Cup and that’s means and lots of partying and plenty of wild nights for the man nicknamed Rush but the team owners have other plans and if he wants to keep his contract he needs to spend a month on the remote Madrona Island.
Rosalind Newcomb is the owner of the bookstore on the Island and on the face of it is the quintessential good girl but at times she gets lonely and finds herself wishing for that special man to arrive on the Island. Alex may be a swoon worthy hockey player but he also loves to read so the bookstore is his first point of call when he arrives on Madrona but when he disrupts the peace and quiet of her store its hate at first sight for the pretty store owner, will Alex be able to win her over..
Alex and Rosalind are meant to be and I found myself hoping and wishing for a HEA for this adorable couple but Alex is not a relationship man and Rosalind may not like the man he was before he met her so is it possible for love to win the day I guess you need to read the book to find that out. I love the chemistry this couple share, I love the banter and I love everything about Madrona Island and it’s residents who all seem to have a part to play in match making for the locals and team players from the Seattle Sockeyes. Looking forward to who’s next in this great series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deflected.

May 21, 2019 – Shelved