Louise Wilson's Reviews > One Good Deed

One Good Deed by David Baldacci

Aloysius Archer has been released from prison, for a crime he did not commit, and sent out of the of the way to a southern town to await his parole. He's only been there for twenty four hours and he's already been in lots of trouble. He had been instructed to meet his parole officer, Ernestine Crabtree, but he gets caught up in a feud between two local businessmen when he had went into the local bar. Hank Pittleman had paid him to collect a debt from his rival and this leads him into all sorts of trouble. Archer has a natural charm with the ladies and that includes Hank's mistress, Jackie Tuttle and his parole officer, Ernestine Crabtree.

I have read several of David Baldacci's books before and I honestly don't know why I stopped reading them. This book is set in post war America in 1949. The story is gripping from the first page as David Baldacci weaves his magic on you. I loved Archer's character, he's a lovable rogue. The rest of the characters are well rounded and believable. Of course the story covers a murder and Archer quickly becomes a suspect. Compelled to clear his name, he searches for answers. He gets together with Detective Shaw to find out the truth. The pace is slow. I do hope that we meet Archer again one day.

I would like to thank NetGalley, Pan Macmillan and the author David Baldacci for my ARC In exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Good Deed.

May 21, 2019 – Shelved
May 21, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
July 11, 2019 – Started Reading
July 12, 2019 –
July 12, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Excellent review Louise 🤗

Louise Wilson Thank you, Maureen.

message 3: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Murphy Excellent review!! I agree that David Baldacci is a splendid author and I have read many of his works as well! Now I have to read this one and it is because of your review that I HAVE TO READ! Thank you again!
Raymond Murphy

Louise Wilson Thank you Raymond. I really hope you enjoy it!!