Carol [Goodreads Addict]'s Reviews > Coldest Fire

Coldest Fire by Juliette Cross

bookshelves: paranormal-fantasy

Coldest Fire is book four in the Dominion series by Juliette Cross. This is the final book of this series and what a way to go out, with Uriel, the Archangel, his quest for revenge, and the woman who reawakens his heart.

Uriel is now free from the time he spent imprisoned by the evil demon prince, Vladek. He has healed on the outside, but inside, he still rages. He wants revenge for what Vladek did to him and so many other innocents. He has a plan. He will fight in the pits until he can work his way up to the main event, the pit in Vladek’s circle. Then he will exact his revenge. But he can’t just waltz into these demon’s castles and volunteer to fight. He needs help getting in. That is what put him on the witch Nadya’s doorstep.

“I’d always been Uriel, the merciful one. The benevolent. The healer. But no longer. Those parts of me had been cut out.”

“Ending Vladek would be the catalyst to bury my hatred. Once and for all.”

archangel

Nadya was a witch who had escaped her own torture at the hands of Vladek. Now she lives alone in a small cottage deep in the woods. But then Uriel was brought to her, asking for help getting back to the place she never wanted to go near again. She recognized the same pain in Uriel that she herself feels. She wants nothing to do with this plan, but also understands Uriel’s need for revenge.

“She was good. Beautiful in her pristine purity and compassionate heart.”

“She wasn’t a creature of the dark after all. No. She was a luminescent light like no other.”

emilia clarke

Uriel had a deep distrust of witches. But the more he saw Nadya, the more he realized how good she was. And the more her light started to melt his frozen heart. Until the mission was no longer about revenge for what happened to him, but for what happened to her.

Wow, what a way to wrap up this series. I knew Uriel’s story would be epic and it was. He was so filled with darkness in the beginning. It was so wonderful to watch Nadya’s light slowly seep in, for all of her goodness to melt the ice from around his heart. Uriel was everything I hoped he would be. At first you get the idea that Nadya is helpless. But oh how wrong you would be. She is strong. She stands by Uriel’s side and together they find a way to conquer the evil that tried to imprison them.

gothic castle

You can read this as a stand alone, enough details are given to piece together the back story. But really, you would be missing so much if you don’t start at the beginning. I have read all of Juliette’s books and I can assure you that every book is an experience you don’t want to miss.

“My light, Nadya. You are my light.”
“This was my paradise. My heaven on earth.”

For more about this book and so many more, come and visit me at Carol's Crazy Bookish World.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coldest Fire.

May 21, 2019 – Shelved
25.0% "Chapter 7
Oh Uriel."
October 10, 2019 –
52.0% "Chapter 15
"I've got you, beautiful."
"I've got you too.""
October 11, 2019 –
76.0% "Chapter 22
I wish we could just stay here. Forever."
October 11, 2019 –
100.0% "Wow, what a way for this to wrap up.
Review soon!"
October 12, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by ❤️ Paulette Alphas Review (last edited Oct 12, 2019 03:50PM) (new)

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review This L👀ks very interesting, good luck with it Carol

As always Carol amazing review... I'm not much of witch reader, but I would read this one

Juliette Cross Thank you so much for this lovely review, Carol. And for staying with me for the journey. XO

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Juliette wrote: "Thank you so much for this lovely review, Carol. And for staying with me for the journey. XO"

Thank YOU for this series, for these wonderful characters!

❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️ Wow!!!! November come already!!! Wonderful review darling:) can’t wait for this.

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Emma wrote: "Wow!!!! November come already!!! Wonderful review darling:) can’t wait for this."

Thanks, Emma. It's amazing. But I think I say that every time I read one of Juliette's books!

message 6: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Valentine Excellent review Carol !! I started reading today!!😉💋💝💓

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Kat wrote: "Excellent review Carol !! I started reading today!!😉💋💝💓"

Thanks, Kat. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Such an amazing series. Uriel was perfect!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Happy Release Day, Juliette Cross!!

happy book birthday

Juliette Cross Thank you, Carol! You're the best. XO

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Juliette wrote: "Thank you, Carol! You're the best. XO"

Uriel is now out in the wild. I can't wait for everyone to read this!!!