Shanice Singh's Reviews > The Moonlight Masquerade

The Moonlight Masquerade by Rachel  Morgan

I started reading "The Moonlight Masquerade" as soon as I got home from work. Cinderella was not one of my favourite fairytales but I loved the idea of the ball.
I was looking forward to seeing how it would be depicted here and Rachel Morgan did not disappoint.
Ella makes the decision that she would lie to the Godmother that she will kill the prince. I get that she wants her freedom but it worries me that she would risk tangling with one of the most dangerous magical beings around.
Anyway, so the Godmother helps Ella go to the ball where she needs to pretend to kill the prince, keep away from her step-mother and step-sisters AND try to avoid the vampires looking for her.
I loved that this is a Cinderella adaptation but it is such a loose one that the City of Wishes series can stand on its own merits.
The plot is fast-paced, the writing is excellent and the worldbuilding always leaves me awed.
Definitely give this a try if you're looking for something fun and not too long.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moonlight Masquerade.

Started Reading