Amy's Reviews > Holding Out

Holding Out by Serena Bell

I have read all of the books in this series, which always makes it difficult for me to know if it can be read as a stand alone when familiar characters are a factor in the story. That being said, I do think this book would be ok to read if you haven’t read the previous ones. This series focuses on veterans returning home and dealing with the life they must now lead with war wounds, both internal and external. I have enjoyed them all and gained new appreciation for the difficulties they are facing. This book is Griff's coming home to a lot of emotional upheaval. His war wounds are internal and learning to try to deal with PTSD is part of the story. The relationship part is falling for someone he feels he must stay away from. Because of Becca’s inexperience in the bedroom, there are a lot of sexy times and pages devoted to her gaining the experience that "New" Becca seeks. Even though Griff struggles with understanding emotional things, he has the physical stuff down pat. I like the trope of the virgin looking to a sort-of-friend to gain sexual experience. Since I have read the other books, I also liked seeing more of previous MCs. I would recommend all of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holding Out.

Finished Reading