Francoise's Reviews > An Instant Connection

An Instant Connection by Melanie Moreland

bookshelves: 2019-reads, novella

3.5 Stars

This was an instalove book filled with sweetness and tender moments, with little conflict. A light and easy to read office romance. This story was actually quite refreshing. My biggest complaint is that it was too short. It was hard to really get to know the characters and it felt like something was missing. I wanted more in terms of character development and emotional depth.

Amanda is a smart independent woman. She has been assigned to assist Mitchell Emerson on a consultancy job and she immediately has his attention. Mitchell is very honest, persistent and he wants to get to know Amanda. Although he is driven and professional, she feels overwhelmed by his bluntness. He is very direct, yet courteous.

I loved how protective and loyal Mitchell was. He knows what he wants but he always put Amanda first before everything else.

I loved the premise of the book, and the build up to the characters finally admitting their feelings.

My honest review is based on an advanced reader copy of this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Instant Connection.

May 21, 2019 – Shelved