Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > In the Dark

In the Dark by Loreth Anne White

bookshelves: 2019, 5-fangs, arc, best-2019, dark, favorite-authors, netgalley, publisher, suspense, violence

Loreth Anne White is a one-click author for me. I love all of her books and to be honest I didn't even read the blurb before requesting this book. Her name alone is a guarantee that I will enjoy the story.

In the Dark is an enigmatic, fast-paced, suspense thriller that left me with a satisfied smile.

The story is told from different POV's. It's a story of revenge and death. One, I couldn't stop reading. I was interested in learning about SAR (search and rescue) operations and I was hooked on the mystery, trying to figure out who the killer was.

In the Dark starts with eight individuals granted an invitation of a lifetime. They have been selected to spend a week of vacation at a remote spa location. But for them, the problems begin when they arrived by plane to the location. Nothing looks like the internet pictures. There's nothing glamorous about the lodge. It's an eerie setting. Then the questions begin, do they know each other? Have they kept a secret? Are they being punished for it? Are they going to survive? Is there only going to be one left alive?

These are all fair questions. Questions that a week later, RCMP Sgt. Mason Deniaud and SAR leader Callie Sutton want the answers to when they find the plane stranded with a dead pilot in it.

I love how Loreth Anne White pays homage to Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. I read it a long time ago and I remember its premise. I enjoyed figuring out who was the one trying to off the others. I also love Mason and Callie. Their situations are strange. Both have family issues and I'm not sure if they can become more. For now, a friendship is all they can afford. I do hope this is not the end for them.

Cliffhanger: No

5/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Montlake Romance via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Dark.

May 21, 2019 – Shelved
December 1, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
December 1, 2019 – Shelved as: publisher
December 1, 2019 – Shelved as: suspense
December 1, 2019 – Shelved as: violence

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

message 1: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Great review, Sheyla! And thanks for the reminder. I need to run over and request. 😬💜

Sheyla ✎ Melissa wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! And thanks for the reminder. I need to run over and request. 😬💜"
Yes, you do. I know how much you love her work too :)

message 3: by Meredith (new) - added it

Meredith Fantastic review, Sheila! I hope I need to grab a copy of this asap!

message 4: by Paige (new)

Paige AWESOME review Sheyla!!!!!

message 5: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Terrific review, Sheyla! Glad you enjoyed!

Sheyla ✎ Meredith wrote: "Fantastic review, Sheila! I hope I need to grab a copy of this asap!"
Thank you, Meredith. You do need to grab a copy!!

Sheyla ✎ Paige wrote: "AWESOME review Sheyla!!!!!"

Sheyla ✎ Jayme wrote: "Terrific review, Sheyla! Glad you enjoyed!"

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review 🎄Terrific review, L💕ve ツ 💘🎄

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette Alphas Review wrote: "🎄Terrific review, L💕ve ツ 💘🎄"
Thank you, Paulette.

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review 🎄❥ It's Always Pleasure L💕ve ツ 💘🎄

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Lovely review, Sheyla <3 x

Sheyla ✎ Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Lovely review, Sheyla <3 x"
Thank you, Alex!