Cadiva's Reviews > Room For One More

Room For One More by Ari McKay

It's been a while but Ari McKay finally takes us back to the guys at Herc's Mercs with this exploration about how sometimes we don't always know what we need until the moment it falls in front of us.

For Finn being just two with Joe wasn't where he saw his life long term even though he was in love with him.

Unfortunately for Joe, Finn was it and while he was willing to put up with the love of his life have occasional one-off flings, he wasn't at all prepared for Finn to fall in love with someone else as well.

This book could have been over the top angsty but it wasn't. It realistically examined the complications when a relationship is struggling to adapt and change. That it was tied in to a mission overseas dealing in human trafficking provided the necessary impetus for Joe's feelings towards Drew to change as he drew strength from the older man while dealing with his own internalised traumas.

For me, this expansion of two into three really was room for one more, they didn't change, they expanded to encompass three because each one really did need the other two, including Joe.

I never felt like it wasn't 100% his decision and his own emotional connection to Drew which drove him into being willing to start again with them as a three.

That the cover reflects this with a photo of my favourite Instagram throuple Nick, Leo and Joe, is just the icing on the cake.

#ARC kindly received from the authors in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Room For One More.

May 17, 2019 – Started Reading
May 17, 2019 – Finished Reading
May 21, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Williams What’s their Instagram account?

Cadiva Maya wrote: "What’s their Instagram account?"

They don't have one, there are three individual guys:

OtimisticallyFlawed & 6holdover are married and Joe_vt is their third.

Paula´s  ShortReview Do I have to read the previous books in this series to undertand this one?

Cadiva Paula´s ShortReview wrote: "Do I have to read the previous books in this series to undertand this one?"

Not really no, they're all very loosely interconnected but each story stands alone reasonably well.