Lisa Roquin's Reviews > Something Secret This Way Comes

Something Secret This Way Comes by Sierra Dean

F 50x66

it was ok
bookshelves: paranormal, urban-fantasy

a very hesitant 2 stars, probably 2.5. 1st person POV which I *loathe*, but the world is interesting. I'm not entirely sure I like Secret herself, definitely don't dislike her but I'm not overly impressed with her either.

Non-ending stopping point (more irritating with the lack of depth in characters) and an impending sense of oh hell we're heading off to an Anita or Merry trainwreck with soul-mates and soul-bonds. Two potential soul-bonds and not even to the second book or the other half of her nature and true immortal going on how important she is.

Not bad, but the 1st person strips way too much depth and leaves secondary characters that would add more depth to the world as little more than props through Secret's eyes. Secret's observational skills are uneven, her judgement is wibbling between young action hero and tstl co-ed.

Sensible explanation for 1/2 lycan dhamphyr, hints of interesting vampiric and lycanthrope hierarchies, world building wasted through Secret's eyes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Secret This Way Comes.