Camie's Reviews > We Are All Good People Here

We Are All Good People Here by Susan Rebecca White

liked it

The story of Daniella and Eve two privileged college sorority girls in the early 1960’s who get totally swept up in the political and racial tumult of the times. The story follows the two’s very different life paths into the 1990’s when they have become mothers and can now observe the results of their choices and see that previous events in history and the way they’ve chosen to respond to them have had a tremendous influence on their entire family’s futures.
There is a lot of territory to be covered in the political and social climate between the Kennedy and Clinton administrations. Though the characters and the main concept here was interesting, perhaps tackling so much subject matter in 300 pages made the story a bit disjointed to me.
I received an ARC of this book because I enjoyed The Nix by Nathan Hill, and the similarities were there, though this one seems written for a more female demographic.
It’s getting great reviews from GR friends and is due out August 6,2019. 3.5 stars
Read - for honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Are All Good People Here.

May 20, 2019 – Started Reading
May 20, 2019 – Shelved
May 31, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Karen I felt the same Camie! Great review!

Camie Thanks, Karen.