Deborah's Reviews > The Nightshade's Touch

The Nightshade's Touch by Pippa DaCosta

bookshelves: adult, fantasy

The Nightshade’s Touch is #3 in the Messenger Chronicles, and where the big story really gets going. Kesh has fought her way free from the Fae influence that has controlled her life until now. Or has she? And what are Kellee and Talen hiding? With all the secrets and lies of Books 1 & 2 making more sense now, we start to learn more about characters other than Kesh.
And boy, are they hiding their own whoppers!
As the unseelie -Faerie’s monsters - begin to escape their prisons, we learn more about the members of the Messenger crew, and their motives. Add into the mix, the Fae Guardian, Sirius, sent to bring Kesh back to her master, King Oberon, and a highly complex scenario develops, pulling our crew in many directions at once.
There is a lot of angst from Kesh this time out, but her confused state of mind really reflected the mind-boggling, twisting revelations thrown at high speed at both the characters and the reader, and I for one, couldn’t consume this book fast enough! The author has a devious imagination to be reckoned with, and the skills to pull it off on the page.
Suffice it to say, I couldn’t even wait to get to a computer to buy the next one, but purchased it on my phone as soon as I could safely take it out of aircraft mode, long before I got my feet back on solid ground.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nightshade's Touch.

Started Reading