FunUndertheCovers's Reviews > The Red Zone

The Red Zone by Amie Knight

The Red Zone is emotional, sweet and laugh out loud funny...I feel like I was the one just swept off my feet!

Lukas and Scarlett met back in high school when he needed a French tutor. As their friendship developed, so did Scarlett’s crush on Luk. A goodbye kiss and he was gone to follow his dream of a football career. I loved the flashback scenes! Ten years later, after the crushing loss of his Mom, he comes home to look after his sister. As luck would have it, he discovers that Scarlett is his sister’s teacher. However, she’s not as happy to see him as he is to see her!

He’s floundering, not coping well with his mother’s death or this “parenting” thing as he tries his best to step in and look after his sister. He ends up enlisting Scarlett’s help and their “friendship” begins again, but they really suck at being just friends! Their encounters and text messages were so entertaining...there’s no way you won’t find yourself laughing!

A slow burn to downright steamy! I’ve definitely found a new book boyfriend because “holy shitake mushrooms that boy was hot”.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Red Zone.

May 19, 2019 – Started Reading