Nora St Laurent's Reviews > Let's Go on Safari

Let's Go on Safari by Kate Gilman Williams

Beautiful astounding pictures gives readers an up-close personal tour of Kate Gilman Williams’s Safari adventure. Eight-year-old Kate goes with her parents on a Safari that changed her life. The safari took place in South Africa where Kate met Michelle Campbell, game driver, instructor and woman passionate about keeping these amazing wild animals safe from poachers and other dangers created by humans.

I enjoyed Kate’s honesty about being nervous about going in a small plane to meet these wild animals who live far from her home. I enjoyed learning from these two ladies as they explain the lay of the land and go about describing what you’d need to be on safari and how to stay safe.

This book depicts real life. Not all the pictures are warm and fuzzy. Some show they eating the carouse’s of other animals and how some animals have been badly hurt by poachers.
I enjoyed learning about the different tracks’ animals leave behind. She goes to talk about animal habitation and asks readers a question, “Did you know that hippos can sell under water?” and asks, “What animals are most in danger of being killed by poachers?” She shows how elephant’s can be saved by a little bee.

At the end of the book they talk about The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya, East Africa and what it’s all about. Along with The Jane Goodall Institute in Vienna, Virginia USA. I love how this young lady shows kids how they can save Animals at any age. She tells some inspiring stories of kids doing their part.

All the proceeds of the book will go to help save animals on the brink of extinction.

This is a small book that packs a powerful punch. I learned so much. I highly recommend this to kids, teachers and parents.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the Publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Book Fun Magazine https://www.bookfun.org/page/past-iss...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Go on Safari.

Finished Reading