Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)'s Reviews > Recursion

Recursion by Blake Crouch

Initial Impressions 7/26/19: Sometimes I thank Blake Crouch is too smart for me 😂 I read Dark Matter last year and it was so good, complex, and maybe a liiiittle too smart! RECURSION was a little on the same lines! I really enjoyed it, it was totally mind-bending, and way more complicated than what I expected! Some of it really made me think and some of the science made me actually stop to think 😂

I really loved the relationships in this book! It’s no spoiler to say that it plays with time (it’s something introduced very early on in the book, if not outright then there’s quite the allusion to it) and I loved seeing all of the different ways that the relationships changed, grew, and transformed in the different time lines/time periods.

This is almost one of those books that I feel like I immediately need to read them again. There was so much to take from this and I’d love to read it again knowing how it ends and how it all plays out! It’s so interesting seeing Blake Crouch’s big pictures and looking back at the rest of the book.

This was definitely a mind meld of concepts like Netflix show Maniac, the movie Inception, and Claudia Grey’s Firebird trilogy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Recursion.

May 19, 2019 – Shelved
May 19, 2019 – Shelved as: from-pub-penguin
July 26, 2019 – Started Reading
July 26, 2019 – Finished Reading
July 28, 2019 – Shelved as: to-review

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Sarah it made me dizzy! it was really depressing for a bit, too. i was really interested in it, though.