Brenda's Reviews > A Lifetime of Impossible Days

A Lifetime of Impossible Days by Tabitha Bird

Firstly, I have to say what a beautiful cover this book has! And how utterly enchanting the story is 😊

In 1965 Willa Waters was a precocious eight-year-old, trying to keep her four-year-old sister Lottie safe. In 1990 Willa Waters was a thirty-three-year-old mother of two with a loving husband – but this Willa couldn’t let go of the past that continued to hold her in its memories. And in 2050 Willa Waters was a ninety-three-year-old woman who was being taken over by dementia; didn’t want to go into the nursing home – and knew she had something to warn her younger self about. But could she remember what it was?

When eight-year-old Willa received a jar of water in the post with instructions to plant the ocean in the garden, she did just that. Under the mango tree in the back yard where the smells were suddenly of the ocean, the sounds were of the waves, and the sand was between her toes. But when she slipped through time to visit her 93-year-old self, and her 33-year-old self, well that was amaze-a-loo!

Could the three Willas change the past by coming together and helping each other with the future?

A Lifetime of Impossible Days is the debut novel by Aussie author Tabitha Bird, is set in Boonah, Queensland, and I loved it. Captivating, funny, sad, haunting, magical – a story of hope, family, loyalty and impossibilities. The three Willas – Super Gumboots Willa (8); Middle Willa (33) and Silver Willa (93) – were wonderful characters. Grammy with her special ways and her jam drops was a delight (the recipe is at the back) and Frog Dog the Chihuahua who was always by Willa’s side. A very special novel that I’ll always remember. Highly recommended.

With thanks to Penguin Random House AU for my ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lifetime of Impossible Days.

May 19, 2019 – Shelved
June 11, 2019 – Shelved as: debut
June 11, 2019 – Shelved as: 5000-2019
June 11, 2019 – Shelved as: own-read
June 11, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Frank (new) - added it

Frank Prem Lovely review, Brenda. I'll watch out for the book.

Sharon Wonderful review, Brenda. Added and requested it from my library.

Brenda Frank wrote: "Lovely review, Brenda. I'll watch out for the book."

Thanks Frank - an amazing read!

Brenda Sharon wrote: "Wonderful review, Brenda. Added and requested it from my library."

I know you'll love it Sharon, thanks :)

marlin1 Lovely review Brenda, I also have this on reserve from the library

Brenda Thanks Marlin, I'm sure you'll love it. A very special book 😊

Tabitha Bird Thank you so much, Brenda :)

Brenda You're welcome Tabitha - a beautiful story; you have a great imagination :)

message 9: by Libby (new) - added it

Libby Beautiful review Brenda! Adding this one to my TBR list.

Brenda Thanks Libby :) A memorable read.

message 11: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Great review Brenda

Brenda Thanks Wendy :)

message 13: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Harcombe Lovely review Brenda. Agree about the cover.

Brenda Thanks Dale :)