Elaine's Reviews > Two For Holding

Two For Holding by Kay Gordon

32020643
This is the fourth book in the series, all based on residents of 425 Madison and I thoroughly enjoyed the previous three and looked forward to reading this one, too, especially as it centres around an ice hockey player. Confession time . . . . I had never watched an ice hockey match until about six months ago but I have to say that I'm now a fan, so that made this an even better read, as far as I'm concerned. However, I don't think you have to be a fan to enjoy this story.

Savannah is a single Mum, with a delightful five year old son, Logan, who is an ice hockey fan. When she's gifted tickets to take him to watch his first live game, she never anticipated how that would change their lives! Logan's favourite player is the Titan's Captain, Porter,and when he throws Logan a puck he's ecstatic. However, a man grabs it and won't give it to him. Savannah's reaction makes Porter think about a Spitfire and that's what he nicknamed her. He wants to know more about her and her son and this is a brilliant story of what happens and how their relationship develops.

The story has great characters, there's plenty of twists and even a break up involved. It is a dilemma strewn romance as the media interest in the hockey star and those close to him are seriously detrimental to their possibly developing relationship, secrets especially when it impacts on both Savannah's job and the safety of Logan. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and have to add that I hope my team, the Sheffield Steelers, are as successful in the playoffs as Porter's prove to be! I particularly like the epilogue which follows up the family more than a decade later - it is great to learn how things developed for them all!

I requested and was gifted a copy of this book and this is my honest review after choosing to read it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two For Holding.

April, 2019 – Started Reading