Paula's Reviews > The Second Chance Rancher

The Second Chance Rancher by Kate Pearce

F 50x66

While not exactly a Morgan Ranch book The Second Chance Rancher does take place for the most part in Morgantown. As far as I am concerned this is the best series, hands down, that Kate Pearce has ever written. Just like the other books this is solidly written with just enough intrigue to keep one curious. The characters are wonderfully developed, flaws and all, with Daisy being the most complicated of all. Jackson Lymond for the most part is an open book unless you are wanting to know why he left the Air Force.

Both characters grew up in Morgantown but left and now have return home. Both are trying to find their place again in Morgantown. Both sort of knew each other in school though one of them has a better memory than the other about that time. Both have things that they don’t necessary wish for others to know. Lot of similarities between them except Jackson is a tell it like it is person, Daisy is a don’t tell if others won’t like it person. That one thing is a big conflict between them. I knew what I wanted to happen but kept reading to see how it all panned out.

I enjoyed seeing community of Morgantown, some characters from previous books and new characters that I hope get their own story. The Second Chance Rancher reads well on its own but I can highly recommend the entire series to contemporary cowboy romance reader. Well to be honest to anyone who just enjoys a great story or who believes that broken dreams can be turned into new better dreams..

4.5 Stars
An ARC of the book was given to me by the publisher through Net Galley which I voluntarily chose to read and reviewed. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Second Chance Rancher.

May 18, 2019 – Shelved