Brian's Reviews > Running Away to Home: Our Family's Journey to Croatia in Search of Who We Are, Where We Came From, and What Really Matters

Running Away to Home by Jennifer  Wilson

What a terrific, inspiring and sometimes heart-breaking journey of a story! There was so much in this book I could relate to and was inspired by. Ms. Wilson is an incredibly gifted writer to convey the emotions and details so many of us can visualize and empathize with. For us as a military family, we are always believers that "home is always where the family is." It's not a place, or a house, but instead is the dependence and love of your family.

Being from central Iowa as well--and someone that has visited Croatia only VERY BRIEFLY (when the ship pulled into Split for a 4 day visit)--this story was such a treat for me as well. I felt I almost knew her personally from all the little details about Iowa.

Thanks so much to the author for sending me a signed copy as well. I enjoyed the journey!

Zivjeli!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running Away to Home.

February 23, 2012 – Started Reading