Avry15's Reviews > Secrets of Transformation

Feb 23, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: inspirational, nonfiction, reviewed

originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions

I would like to thank Ms. Dillner for sharing her story with us in this book. She bravely presents issues of addiction, abuse, neglect and how these changed her life. Her story is really heartbreaking, personal and everything you just don’t wish to experience.

The best part of this book is the “Secrets of Transformation” section which is the last section. I even grabbed a pencil and wrote down the inspiring phrases I found in there which appealed to me greatly.

Two things I learned from this book is: 1) if you have a problem you have two options -Avoid or resolve. 2) You have the ability to change your own life but you can’t just change someone else’s.

There are actually a lot of good points in the book, but it would take me awhile to put it all in here. So, you just have to read it and discover for yourself.:)

One negative thing about this book is her writing style. One thing you’re into her story, the next she jumps to a new territory. She spoke of her therapies, her life, feelings and everything she’s been through, but it mixed with one another at some point. It might get confusing. But with proper editing and proofreading, this book would be a truly good one.

“Secrets of Transformation” is a very honest book, with all the author’s emotions laid in the open. I would recommend to anyone who experienced similar situations. This book would help you. Also to those who wants to understand situations like these, find their personal healing and how these affects people.

Thank you Ms. Dillner!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of Transformation.