Francoise's Reviews > On the Way Back

On the Way Back by Ella Fox

bookshelves: 2019-reads, series, second-chance

This book is the conclusion of Shaelyn and Garrett's love story that started in “On the Way Down”. Together, they had everything, but somehow it all went terribly wrong. Heartbreak might be the perfect reset button for their lives, a chance for a new beginning.

Shaelyn is struggling with feelings of guilt, she believes she is responsible for her baby’s death. She refuses Garrett’s help and won’t allow herself to feel their love for each other. She tries to escape her pain, lock her emotions up and evade reality. She has insisted on a divorce, but being away from Garrett is painful to her.

There is nothing Garrett wouldn’t do for Shaelyn, he is convinced that some things are just worth fighting for. But before anything can progress between them, the past has to be considered and then put away, focusing on the present and what they can mean to each other in the future. I was thrilled they found each other again. But I guess I would have liked it to have had more punch, this second part of their story felt so rushed. From the start, Garrett shined. He is sexy, considerate, kind and down to earth. He is devoted to Shaelyn and his love is so deep.

The Retake Duet is a romance that is beautiful, poignant and takes readers on an emotional journey. Garrett and Shaelyn’s road to happiness was not an easy one, but their love overcame tragedy to get a second chance.

My honest review is based on an advanced reader copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Way Back.

May 18, 2019 – Started Reading