Ira's Reviews > The Red Zone

The Red Zone by Amie Knight

Oh my... I can't even say how much I enjoyed reading this book! I loved it and couldn't put it down. This book? It has it all. It made me swoon and laugh and giggle because this beautiful and well-written story is captivating, witty, charming and most of all it is authentic and amazing.

When Lukas lost his mother unexpectedly, he immediately stepped up, left his promising career behind and came back home to take care of his sister. Juggling his new responsibilities while getting to know a new team and learning to blend, well, there are far easier things than that. So he might need help every now and then even if it is just to reassure himself that he is doing the right thing when he insists on caring for Ella instead of letting someone else take care of her. Okay, some things aren't easy to deal with like...woman's stuff. You know, dealing with scaping and periods might at times seem a bit overwhelming but well, that's what you have friends for, right? Oh, well, they might not react the way you want them to but, ...oh my, I laughed so hard...and I wasn't the only one.

When times get rough, Lukas reaches out to Ella's teacher Scarlet, a former friend of his. They both were too young then but things might have changed - even if their feelings haven't. Have they? Scarlet helps him weather the storms of his new responsibilities and slowly those two fall for each other. Again.

It's Scarlett who is at his side when he has to face the consequences of his actions, of his wish to provide better for his sister. Ella, his sister, is sweet and sassy and you just have to love her. And love her he does and that might mean that he doesn't always make the best decisions while trying to be there for her.

And Scarlett? Scarlett is amazing and sweet as well but she is also patient and caring and Ella adores her. I loved the chemistry and the love that you feel whenever Luk and Scarlett are together. This book captivated me right from the start and I just kept on reading till the end. The Red Zone is definitely a book where I need the paperback as well as the ebook and considering the fact that I've already read it twice, I guess that it's safe to say that I'll definitely read it again. And again... This was the first book by Amie Knight that I've read but it wasn't the last one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Red Zone.

May 17, 2019 – Started Reading