Stefanie Jenkins's Reviews > The Truce

The Truce by Becca Steele

What a debut by Becca Steele! This could be considered a short read but trust me when I tell you there is no short of emotion, excitement and hot men!

In the Truce we follow the journey of Luke and Olivia, coworkers who can't stand the sight of each other and everyone in the office feels it. I would love to be a fly on the wall and just watch them bicker back and forth. Actually no, I'd be sitting at a desk with my hands under my chin watching them go at it but really staring at the boss Ethan...but we'll get to him later ;)

There is only so much sexual tension two people can take before it just explodes like a bomb and this does not disappoint. Once our main characters realize they have feelings that are opposite of hate, we get to see a completely different side of them as we realize maybe they never actually hated each other at all? Didn't your mama ever tell you that when boys are mean to you they like you? Yeah mine didn't actually either.

Will Luke let the demons from his past ruin his chance at a happy ever after with Liv?

From the start to the end we watch the characters evolve which Steele has done beautifully. She really has a way with words. It's the little things you pick up on that make you go OOooooOOOO! You really get to know all of the smaller characters and hopefully there will get a book of their own one day because I NEED MORE! *cough cough here's lookin' at you Becca Steele*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truce.

May 17, 2019 – Shelved