Brie ♡••'s Reviews > Serpent & Dove

I started like this

By the middle

And in the last 150 pages
description

Before i begin i want to make it clear that i didnt hate this book. In fact i enjoyed most of it.

What i liked
*Lou (dont let me start)
*The humour (right on point every time)
*Ansel (must protect at all cost)
* The sticky buns and treats
*The banter between Lou and Reid
*The thing we found out at the end (yes that thing, and i knew it!)
* The love to hate/ chemistry was well done (despite other things)

What i didnt like----a small rant

***The biggest problem i had with this book was Reid. I just didnt like him. The guy is a brick wall.. he is a stick in the mud.... he has no personality. I found Reid to be boring and just lacking. He wasnt funny or smart or cute or even interesting but just there. Lou was the one carrying this relationship and book on her back. After finishing the novel i cant even think of one thing i like about him

***The world building- i get that its focused on the romance and characters but if im reading a book about witches then i want something to remember this world that Shelby Mahurin created. Something that makes it stand out. Something that i can reminisce when i think about the novel. I also want an atmosphere that can put me in the mood the read about witches and magic. I was hoping for a more atmospheric read not just brothels and shops.

***The angst was great dont get me wrong.... but when they finally got together i just didnt feel anything? ?? I was hoping to feel something more. That scene on the rooftop was just so rushed and out of place and i was like??? The chemistry between Lou and Reid was ok but like i kinda just stopped caring after a time and stopped feeling for their relationship.

Anyway thats about it. Im kinda bummed because i was hoping for a new favorite.

In other news :isnt Ansel the sweetest cinnamon roll? I loved everything about him! He was the only male character that had personality and stood out to me. Can i get a spin off with him???

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serpent & Dove.

May 17, 2019 – Shelved
May 17, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
September 19, 2019 – Started Reading
September 19, 2019 –
page 0
0.0% "Lets go!"
September 19, 2019 –
page 45
8.52% "This book is a pure treat! Hilarious!"
page 170
page 170
32.2% "Lol ing throughout"
page 280
53.03% "I grabbed a flute of champagne from a passing servant and downed it in one swallow.
Reid eyed me incredulously. “You drink like a man.”
“Maybe men can learn a thing or two from women.”

That's my girl"
September 24, 2019 –
page 360
68.18% "Do you all ever feel the need to give characters some privacy?"
September 24, 2019 –