Lindsy's Reviews > Unexpected Love

Unexpected Love by Kimberly Readnour

4.5 stars! I really enjoyed this one. I really didn't want to put this down and I wish I had read the first one but I was glad that this didn't have to be read as a series. I was able to read this one without any problems or needing to read them in order. Sex is a major topic in this story but I liked how it was portrayed from both sides; such as Staci was into one night stands but her roommate's boyfriend was more religious so her roommate barely had sex. This story was definitely more adult than the YA I have been reading lately so this book was a nice break from that.
I was a little confused in the beginning because it started with Ben and Staci back when they were kids. Then the author skips ahead to when Staci is in college and an embarrassing one night stand. The one night stand definitely doesn't end the way Staci wanted it to so she decides to do a sex freeze and concentrate on her schooling. She ends up getting a job but her new boss is the reason she started her sex freeze. I like that you don't know everything from the start and are learning things right along with Staci. Some people could probably guess what's going on but the author still makes you question things. I liked that this story wasn't really predictable and kept me wondering what was going to happen. I really liked the chemistry between Staci and Kyle and that her best friend was still involved even though she moved out of the country. I felt bad for Staci and the dad situation and how Kyle was involved in it all but it was an interesting plot that was written well. I wish Kyle had been honest with her sooner but I loved that things ended the way they did. I also loved the ending and how the author made you think one thing but it was actually another.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unexpected Love.

May 15, 2019 – Started Reading