Betti's Reviews > More to Love

More to Love by Robin M. Helm

bookshelves: historical, inspirational, romance

‘Do not judge on appearances; a rich heart may be under a poor coat.’ Scottish proverb
This is perhaps a lesson for all of us, not just Darcy and Elizabeth in our story. Lizzy has a propensity to overeat, especially the cookies Mrs. Bailey makes just for her. As a result of her indulgence she is a bit rounder than her sisters. Feeling overlooked in public, she is inclined to partake even more. Overhearing a rather derogatory comment made by Darcy referring to her size, Lizzy sets out to make a change. I loved the way her sister Jane took her under her wing, so to speak, inviting Lizzy to walk with her twice a day. While this brought about physical changes, it did nothing to remove the hurt that she felt, reminding me yet again to consider what is said before saying it! Words can do more damage than you imagine. Can true love find her even if she is slightly large?
The twists and turns in this story made it most enjoyable and certainly one you want to read. I received this ARC through CelebrateLit. The impressions and opinions are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More to Love.

May 13, 2019 – Started Reading