Jessica Alcazar's Reviews > Dax

Dax by Sawyer Bennett

bookshelves: bennett-sawyer, library-author-provided, reviewed-bookbub, 2019-blog-tour-read

THIS STORY .... *swoon*

There are so many aspects of this story that pleased me.

First, the organic way Dax just fell over himself for Regan. He hadn’t seen her in years. He wasn’t harboring a secret crush on her for years. He just came to her rescue in the way that he did because it’s just who he was, without a thought for himself. He jumped. And that made me swoon from page one. And the progression from helping her to being her one and only didn’t feel insta in the least. Yes, the attraction was instant, she is after all a beautiful woman, but it didn’t come across like that. I have to give Sawyer mad props for pulling this off as beautifully as she did.

Second, the way Regan’s health issues were dealt with. If it’s one thing I can count on is that Sawyer Bennett does her research. Yes, you’d think this would be the case for all writers but alas, not so much. But it’s not just that she immerses herself in the subject matter but that she also depicts the situation correctly and with respect.

From the day I read my first book written by Sawyer many years ago, I have never even been tempted not to one-click every single book she publishes. And her skill gets better and better as the books keep coming. I cannot recommend this author enough AND this book.

Now …. for the love of all that is holy can someone please tell me who is going to be the lucky woman (or man) to save Tacker from himself

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dax.

May 16, 2019 – Shelved