Jen 's Reviews > Undeniable

Undeniable by Melanie Harlow

2++ Stars

It actually pains me a little to write this review but I did not enjoy Undeniable, the latest Melanie Harlow offering.

I'm giving this two plus stars because even a not so fabulous Melanie Harlow book falls within my "okay" range and that probably won't change any time soon.

My low rating and the general "mehness" I felt while reading this book stems mostly from the two main characters, Chloe and Oliver. To lay it out in plain English, I felt Oliver needed to stop being a selfish jerk waaaaay before he kinda, sorta did. He wasn’t horrible but he never put Chloe ahead of his own interests and never really did anything to apologize for being a jackass and consistently hurting her. Oh, and Chloe needed to grow a significantly stronger backbone, either option would've worked for me.

Basically, it comes down to the fact I don't want to read about a heroine that's consistently treated like crap, or even as just a means to an end, by her "man" and never stands up for herself. I'm just so freaking mentally worn out by the thought. I know all characters are different and not all are going to act the same, yada yada yada. I get it. I just don’t read books featuring those kinds of women if I can at all help it. And after all, being a douchebag isn't a god given right.

I'm still a huge fan of Melanie Harlow but unfortunately this one didn't do it for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undeniable.

Finished Reading
May 21, 2019 – Shelved as: meh
May 21, 2019 – Shelved as: part-of-a-series
May 21, 2019 – Shelved as: what-the-everloving-fuck
May 21, 2019 – Shelved as: pull-your-head-out

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Martins Amen!

Amber I’m disappointed with the book as well. I expected so much more and it fell flat. I don’t think Oliver was this awful character but he needed to grow up and it happened too late in the book. Chloe was also such a pushover. You think she would’ve learned her lesson when he screwed her over the second time.

Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️ I'm sorry Jen :( Fingers crossed your next read will be better. xoxo

Eve (Between The Bookends) I don't want to read about a heroine that's consistently treated like crap, or even as just a means to an end, by her "man" and never stands up for herself. I'm just so freaking mentally worn out by the thought.

You and me both, Jen! Sorry it was a miss for you. :(

message 5: by Colleen (new) - added it

Colleen Blomquist I love Melanie Harlow but I agree with you guys this book was blah. I did not like Oliver at all

message 6: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Terrific review Jen! I'm sorry it was a bust. Hope your next one is better. :)

Jaimee Agree, sadly! Love Melanie but Oliver was just a sucky human.

Katrina Agree