megs_bookrack's Reviews > The Wives

The Wives by Tarryn Fisher

liked it
bookshelves: arcs-read

**3.5-stars**

Confession: I didn’t realize the protagonist’s real name was Thursday until the very end of the book.

How did I miss that?

I just thought that was the day her husband slept with her...

Moving along, this story was something else. I have to give it points for being unique.

Thursday is married to Seth. Seth has two other spouses. None of them know one another, but as far as Thursday is concerned they are all living in this arrangement by mutual agreement.

As Thursday grows less and less enamored with her situation, she becomes curious about who she is sharing her husband with.

Upon doing some online research, as you do, she manages to track down his third wife, the youngest and the one currently carrying his baby.

Befriending this young woman, Hannah, she begins to suspect that Seth may be physically abusive to her. This leads Thursday to take off her rose colored glasses.

There's some fighting, a lot of drama, a stay at a mental institution, it's a lot. Ultimately, even though I love an unreliable narrator, the ending of this didn't sit right with me.

There were a lot of twists and turns along the way, but still something about that ending...

Certainly twisted, so if that is what you love in a thriller, this one could be right up your alley. Check it out, you never know until you try.

Thank you so much to the publisher, Graydon House Books, for providing me with a copy of this to read and review. I appreciate the opportunity and this one was definitely a ride!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wives.

May 16, 2019 – Shelved
May 16, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
February 7, 2020 – Started Reading
February 8, 2020 –
8.0% "I must admit, it's an intriguing start 😁😂"
February 9, 2020 –
February 10, 2020 –
47.0% "Now this is intriguing...and bizarre."
February 12, 2020 –
76.0% "The most unreliable of unreliable narrators...

"
February 13, 2020 – Shelved as: arcs-read
February 13, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Felicia (new) - added it

Felicia I can't wait!

megs_bookrack Felicia wrote: "I can't wait!" It does sound really good!

message 3: by Dita (new) - added it

Dita I am in Pending purgatory for this one and I want it so badly!

megs_bookrack Dita wrote: "I am in Pending purgatory for this one and I want it so badly!"

message 5: by Dita (new) - added it

Dita megs_bookrack wrote: "Dita wrote: "I am in Pending purgatory for this one and I want it so badly!"

Now I want it even more!!!! I'll let you know as soon as I know!

megs_bookrack Dita wrote: "megs_bookrack wrote: "Dita wrote: "I am in Pending purgatory for this one and I want it so badly!"
What!?!? I hope you get it! You definitely should! If you do, lmk, we could attempt a buddy read!"..."
Yayee! xo

message 7: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Quick I’m ready to hear about this! I’ve seen it everywhere!

megs_bookrack Kelsey wrote: "I’m ready to hear about this! I’ve seen it everywhere!" I am sort of planning to read it over Thanksgiving Holiday weekend. Seems like the perfect time! :)

Books Just 4 Me That ending was crazy!

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma Jessica I really want to read this now!

megs_bookrack Books Just 4 Me wrote: "That ending was crazy!"It definitely was! Not the conclusion I wanted though, but can't win them all! 😁😂

megs_bookrack Emma wrote: "I really want to read this now!"

It is bizarre! I would love to hear what you think, Emma ❤