Lynda Tatad's Reviews > Blood Work

Blood Work by Kim Harrison

Feb 22, 2012

I really enjoyed this first graphic novel set in Kim Harrison's Hallows series. It's a prequel of that series, as she has written an original story relating to how living vamp Ivy Tamwood became partners with the witch Rachel Morgan at the Inderland Security office. The book series has been told by Rachel's POV, so it's refreshing to get the story from Ivy's POV in this story. How the characters met is told briefly in the beginning of the first novel, Dead Witch Walking, but the visual story really makes it come alive here!

The artwork is phenominal, in my opinion. I know many people have their own ideas of what they think the character's look like, but the artists worked with the author, and she had a lot of imput into the final look of the characters. I also enjoyed how they depicted aura's and Ivy's vamp nature when it kicks in, as well as when witchcraft and charms are being used!

There is a 2nd graphic novel in the works (Yay!), and I am very interested in what the artists have in store for Trent, that will hopefully not disappoint the fans of this series! We definitely have high expectations! ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Work.