Marie-Ève's Reviews > Breaking the Sound Barrier

Breaking the Sound Barrier by Amy Goodman

Feb 22, 2012

bookshelves: essay, politics, media, truth, historic
Read from February 22 to July 29, 2012

There are some books that make you realize things about Americans and their avid capitalism. Amy Goodman is the host of Democracy Now!, an independent radio show about a large array of subjects including politics.

Through her eyes, she makes every details count. Every single one. The main themes are: war, climate change, the case of torture (in America), healthcare, media, activism, elections and also Obama. Basically, name it: it will be feature. What I enjoyed is that Goodman is liberal and independent as I have said before: she does not have one favourite party. She explains with a rare care for details for subjects usually unknown to more mainstream medias. If the subject was not picked up by the media (corporate), it will be featured in her book.

Thought provoking, a slight provocative and she takes a responsibility of Journalism, she also does not chew on her words. Goodman explains it with simple words and explanations. She is a natural writer and uses her show on Public airwaves to have her material. I think she is one of the figures of American journalism and gives me hope for the media and journalism career I plan on taking.

Very liberal, Goodman is a true voice of the less heard, the grass roots movement has its speaker. She is their ally. Many new perspectives are brought by the author to the table. Honestly and integrity are important- and it shows.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking the Sound Barrier.

02/22/2012 page 22