Natasha Niezgoda's Reviews > Chase Darkness with Me: How One True-Crime Writer Started Solving Murders

Chase Darkness with Me by Billy Jensen

bookshelves: true-crime, audiobook
Read 2 times. Last read May 15, 2019 to May 21, 2019.

Body In Cat Litter - Say What?! Billy Jensen has seen it all!! 4 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

By now, you all know I live for true crime and so when Billy Jensen (friends with Karen and Georgia from MFM and he helped finish Michelle McNamara’s book) came out with his own book, I was all over it!

Jensen is an incredible storyteller and his road to becoming an investigative journalist is pretty cool. Chase Darkness with Me is an autobiographical view into Jensen’s start. He shares personal stories from his upbringing, his college years, and how he became an advocate for cold case victims. 🧡Some of the cases he’s been a part of are surreal! Like the one about a body being covered in a mountain of cat 🐈 litter (I’m not joking 💩). It’s nuts. And this tell-all isn’t holding back!!

description

It’s only available on audio 🎧 right now. And I would definitely recommend this to any My Favorite Murder listener! 🔪

NOTE: if you have listened to Jensen’s and Paul Holes’ podcast The Murder Squad, some of this book will sound repetitive. At first, I was like “wahhhh 😫” because I’m a brat. But then I had to applaud Jensen because these are the cases that truly cultivated his drive and the fact that he’s getting answers for so many families is FREAKING RAD! 👏🏽

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chase Darkness with Me.

Finished Reading (Audible Audio Edition)
April 1, 2019 – Shelved (Audible Audio Edition)
April 1, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Audible Audio Edition)
May 15, 2019 – Started Reading
May 15, 2019 – Shelved
May 15, 2019 –
15.0% "Chapter 4 and I'm crying... Billy Jensen is an incredible storyteller and this story is so authentic!"
May 17, 2019 –
50.0% "I'm liking this, but it's reminding me too much of their podcast The Murder Squad."
May 21, 2019 – Shelved as: true-crime
May 21, 2019 – Shelved as: audiobook
May 21, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

JanB I enjoyed this one too! :)

message 2: by Natasha (new) - added it

Natasha Niezgoda JanB wrote: "I enjoyed this one too! :)" Right?! I think what he does - being a cold case advocate - is incredible!!!