Heather's Reviews > Just One of the Groomsmen

Just One of the Groomsmen by Cindi Madsen

bookshelves: advanced-readers-copy

At least half of why I requested the ARC of this title had to do with the cover. It is so cute and vibrant and reminded me of another book (also about a wedding) that I loved. I had never heard of this author, but this will certainly not be the last book I read by her. I was delighted with this book within the first few pages, and it only got better as it went on, overall.

Addison (Addie) has unequivocally always been one of the guys (a set-up in fiction that isn't always enjoyable to read, for me). The extent to which she is "one of the guys" is so intense that she doesn't really have any female friends, and she doesn't relate extremely well to other women including her sister. The story starts off with one of the guys in her close-knit group of friends announcing his engagement and another of the guys (who Addie has always been closest to) moving back home to their small town.

I love stories when you know what will happen but not how the characters will get there, and that's what happens here. I love knowing how each character is feeling before they have shared those feelings with one another. This is part of the fun of reading!!

The setting is quite important in this novel, and I look forward to revisiting it in future books because small-town craziness in which everyone is in your business is just funny and endearing when done well.

I loved Tucker and Addie's history, and their chemistry was great. The ending was predictable but wonderful and I loved the epilogue. This book was better than I was expecting and I don't hesitate to recommend it as a fun summer read if you like contemporary romance.

Thank you to Netgalley and Entangled for the ARC of this cute romantic comedy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One of the Groomsmen.

May 15, 2019 – Started Reading