Anne's Reviews > The Source: Open Your Mind, Change Your Life

The Source by Tara Swart

F 50x66

liked it
bookshelves: non-fiction

There is a lot of good stuff in this book and most of it is backed up by cited research. Dr Swart uses "the source" as a kind of shorthand for the steps and the changes required to change how you perceive things and how you set your goals and ambitions. I have highlighted loads of this book which is a good sign and I will be using some of the steps described and I have increased my journalling from very occasionally to now and then but I do want to get to do it regularly. The book is well written, the science is all understandable to the lay person and the tone appealed to me.

"On autopilot, we don't question where these underlying, entrenched habits come from and whether they serve us any longer; we switch off and let life happen to us, assuming that much of it is out of our control."

"Having a strong sense of purpose correlates with well-being; it ensures we are goal directed, motivated by a desire for a particular outcome that gives us the tenacity to keep going."

The book has a fair amount of padding and sometimes drifts into non scientific realms but overall I got a lot from it and now I've highlighted the core ideas from the steps I'll be revisiting them.

I was given a copy of this book by Netgalley in return for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Source.

Started Reading