Ali McTavish's Reviews > Ask Me Anything

Ask Me Anything by Molly E. Lee

Hello My Book Loves! Today I am reviewing Ask My Anything by Molly E. Lee. I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

To start off, I really enjoyed this book, which is why I am giving it a 4.5 out of 5. It was a fun, easy read that totally helped pull me out of my reading slump

What I Liked
Amber – The main character is Amber, who is a computer whiz, hacker type. She was fed up with students not being able to get information so she decided to do something about it. I really liked her as a character, I thought she had great intentions and great advice.

Dean – Dean is our other main character, as it switched perspectives. He is also a computer whiz and I enjoyed that they had this in common. I thought he was a great character as well, he was funny, sweet and thoughtful.

Plot – I think my favourite thing about this book was the plot. I thought it was cute, well thought out and written in a really fun way. I liked that it touched on some major topics, without being like “look at me! I’m diverse” and I enjoyed that. It was done in a way, where it didn’t single out those topics, but instead treated them for what they are. Real things, real people deal with on a daily basis.

What I Didn’t Like
School – I didn’t enjoy the school that they went to. Obviously that’s the point, but I found it hard to believe that a school would be that concerned with a blog. The fact Amber was worried about expulsion, over something she did outside of school on her own time was weird to me.

Conflict Resolution – As with many books, the main source of conflict between our main characters could have been solved by a simple conversation. I wish there was more to it, that just miscommunication.

Overall I really liked this book, and would totally read it again. I recommend it, if you’re in a slump or just need something fun!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ask Me Anything.

May 6, 2019 – Started Reading