Jo (Mixed Book Bag)'s Reviews > Hexed

Feb 22, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy
Read in February, 2012 — I own a copy

Hexed is the second in the Iron Druid Chronicles.

Plot: There is a problem in this book and I enjoyed reading about the solution. However, I felt that most of the plot and action was put in place to set up the next book. To get help Atticus ended up promising to do some very difficult jobs for other people. I am sure that all will show up in the next book.

Characters: The whole cast is back and the only new characters were the bad witches who did not make it until the end of the book. There was not that much additional character development in the book.
Writing: The writing flows along with the story. Everything is told from Atticus’s point of view. Kevin Hearne manages to get all the information in while preserving the point of view.

Tension: I did not feel a much tension in this book as in the last. Again it seemed much of the action was a set up for book 3.

World Building: There was some additional world building in the story. We learn more about Atticus and his gods. There is a great blend of people who have lived for a long time and life in the modern world. It is very believable world.

I did not see many surprises in the book. It is a good filler to keep the Chronicles going. I have book three in my TBR pile so I will be reading it in a few days.

Ballantine/Del Rey published Hexed by Kevin Hearne in 2011.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hexed.

06/07/2016 marked as: read