Jenny's Reviews > XV

XV by Lana Sky

bookshelves: arc, tour
Read 2 times. Last read May 15, 2019.

XV is book one of this new series from a new to me author. It tells the story of Ellen, who was hidden all her life for the dirty secret that she was. She was the half sister to the beautiful Briar. They look alike so when she was mistakenly taken by Mischa, a man who has a score to settle to the Winthorp family, it was inevitable. All her life, she was used one way or another by the Winthorp family. First by her half sister Briar, for always taking the blame for her any misdeeds and Robert, who sexually and physically abused her.

This story is far from your picture perfect love story. It is dark, raw, harrowing, twisted mafia romance story. My mind and emotions worked in overtime trying to process everything and taking it all in. I feel so much for Ellen. She doesn’t have anyone to stand up for her and she always has to rely on herself. It is admirable how she, in her own little way, tries to fight to see the light. Mischa is a hard, ruthless man but I can see a glimpse of softness when it comes to Ellen. It is safe to say that this story is not for the faint of heart but if this is your thing, then prepare to have your mind blown. It is very well written, engaging story line and great world building that I have devoured this book and could not put it down. After reading this one, I’m absolutely going to read and check out the author’s other work. Oh and that ending killed me, OMG! I cannot wait for second book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read XV.

Started Reading (Paperback Edition)
Started Reading
May 15, 2019 – Shelved
May 15, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
May 15, 2019 – Shelved as: tour
May 15, 2019 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
May 15, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
May 15, 2019 – Finished Reading
May 15, 2019 – Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
May 21, 2019 – Shelved as: arc (Paperback Edition)
May 21, 2019 – Shelved as: tour (Paperback Edition)