Jenny Wood's Reviews > Killer Bond

Killer Bond by Jocelynn Drake

I swear, every new one of these books, they convince me they're my favorite.

I don’t think anyone will top Rowe and Noah, or maybe Lucas and Andrei… Mmmkay, nevermind, I can’t pick.

So, in this one we have Ward Security accountant, former FBI-guy, Daniel, vacationing in Barcelona. With a head for numbers and a quieter job than the rest of the guys at Ward, he didn’t really feel like he fit in; so he needed some time away. Sitting on the beach with a good book and a cocktail, he’s surprised when a very charming and good looking man sits next to him and chats him up. Normally shy and more reserved than the other guys, I liked how confident and flirty he seemed with Edward, even if he was still a little shy.

And Edward, who was supposed to be in telecommunications, turns out to be a secret CIA agent with a job to do and mistakes Daniel for someone else, he figures he’ll do whatever he needs to do to get what he needs from Daniel; even if it means seducing him.

Edward, even though he’s kind of a bad guy disguised good guy… I found him incredibly charming, even when he talked about seducing and probably killing Daniel when he was done with him. Their connection was immediate, and even though he tried to keep his distance from him, it proved pretty impossible because Daniel was equally as charming.

When described like a Bond movie, that’s exactly what this was. I was flipping pages almost faster than I could read them. Every time I thought that the danger was over, they were thrust back into it, and I want to explain it all so you’ll see how amazing and heart-pounding this is, but you just need to experience it for yourself.

Also, if you haven’t read the other ones in this series, what is wrong with you?! Stop what you’re doing and go do it! You’ll find yourself fighting over favorites like I do, I guarantee it!

As much fun as the adventure, the site-seeing, the danger and the getting to know each other was with these two, my heart kind of broke a couple of times for Daniel, because he fell for Edward so quickly, and even though Edward was a little bit better at hiding it, he’d fallen for Daniel too. He was actually really sweet and though dangerous and quite deadly… he was protective and possessive and everything we all love from these guys!

There were twists and expectations that I had that turned out to be completely wrong, which I was glad about because in every story I’ve ever read, the ‘handler’ turns out to be a bad guy. I was waiting for that. And just when you think that everything’s over… it turns out to be just the beginning for these two. I was really disappointed by the end. I hadn’t been paying attention and I wanted about 10 more chapters, just cuz!

Overall though, I love this series…. It’s a frequent go-to for me and I love every single couple and every mini-movie that each story feels like. I can’t wait to see who’s next, and I hope to see more of these two in the future…

5 well deserved stars from me

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer Bond.

May 15, 2019 – Shelved