Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Killman Creek

Killman Creek by Rachel Caine

bookshelves: 2019, thriller, suspense, series

The last third of Killman Creek was a pounding frenzy!

In the beginning, I wasn't sure where Rachel Caine was going with her story. The end of the first book finishes in a cliffhanger. Gwen, ex-husband, the well-known serial killer, Melvin Royal is on the loose. He has escaped prison and he's targetting Gwen and her children.

Gwen has to make a decision. Does she wait like a sitting duck or does she go on the offense and try to find Melvin first. She decides on the later. She and Sam embarked on a trip to find Melvin. She leaves her children, Lanny and Connor behind in the care of her trusted friends.

Regretfully, Gwen's plan is always getting interrupted by Absalom and his cronies. Her enemies seem to always be one step ahead of her and Sam.

While Gwen is looking for Melvin, at home, her children are not safe despite good people trying to protect them. Gwen knows she must go back home but then a video surfaces that changes everything.

Killman Creek is written in multiple POV's. We have Gwen, Sam, Lanny and Connor narrating the book. It was a really good second installment. Like I said earlier, the last third of the book was incredible. Everything was moving in fast motion. I was scared for Gwen, Sam and the children. Melvin was nothing but an evil man. An evil man who didn't care if her children were collateral damage.

I was pleased with the end but I know there has to be more evil people lurking around for Gwen and her family.

The question is going to be who's going to try to get to her next.

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killman Creek.

May 14, 2019 – Started Reading
May 14, 2019 – Shelved
May 14, 2019 – Finished Reading
May 19, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
May 19, 2019 – Shelved as: thriller
May 19, 2019 – Shelved as: suspense
May 19, 2019 – Shelved as: series

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

❤️ Paulette 📖 Enjoy L💕ve 💙

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: "📖 Enjoy L💕ve 💙"

message 3: by Sumit (new)

Sumit RK Superb Review, Sheyla! 👌

RedemptionDenied Great review, Sheyla!

Sheyla ✎ Sumit wrote: "Superb Review, Sheyla! 👌"
Thank you, Sumit!

Sheyla ✎ RedemptionDenied wrote: "Great review, Sheyla!"

message 7: by Yun (new)

Yun Great review, Sheyla! Poor Gwen... so many people out to harm her and her family!

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! Poor Gwen... so many people out to harm her and her family!"
I know. Not fair. She should get a break.

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Great review Sheyla! Can’t wait to continue on with this series!

Sheyla ✎ Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Great review Sheyla! Can’t wait to continue on with this series!"
Thank you, Lindsay!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Great review, Sheyla!

Sheyla ✎ Brenda - Traveling Sister wrote: "Great review, Sheyla!"

message 13: by Kim (new)

Kim Looking forward to reading this book!

Sheyla ✎ Kim wrote: "Looking forward to reading this book!"
It's a good one, Kim.

message 15: by Denise (new)

Denise Broyhill Nice review! Thanks!

Sheyla ✎ Denise wrote: "Nice review! Thanks!"
Thanks, Denise!!