Siv's Reviews > 100 Days to Brave: Devotions for Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self

100 Days to Brave by Annie F. Downs

liked it
bookshelves: non-fiction-christian

I heard about this book in December on Aarti Sequiera's IG feed (one of my fav Food Network Stars) but couldn't get it in time to start on Jan 1. Still, it was the right book at the right time. Simple writing and not always applicable (I've been married for a long time, while Downs is still hopeful she'll meet the right guy), but still, the challenge to be brave is the same no matter what individuals face on any given day. I heard myself using brave as a verb: "I braved up today and..." and God used it to help me make a courageous decision I'd put off for too long. On to new adventures which will require even more bravery!

"...hold on until the Lord makes it really clear that you're supposed to let go. Ask God. Ask people you trust. Ask your own heart. But while you are listening, persevere, and lean toward holding on until God and other people make it really clear that you're supposed to go" p130.

"I hope you've already taken that first step because I am sure, like I've rarely been so sure of anything before, that your people are waiting and your God is watching with expectancy for you to see where your map is going to take you" p231.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 100 Days to Brave.

Started Reading